Give your clients a gorgeous French pink and white set of gel nails using The Artisan uControl Sculpting Builder Gel.
If your client desires a natural looking nail, stay tuned for how to do a French manicure that they will love for weeks!
The first steps for how to do a French
manicure using Artisan gel products starts with prepping your client’s nails.
How to do a French Manicure: Prep the Nails
- How to do a French manicure starts with a sculptured nail and placing the form on the client’s nails. Make sure the form fits very well to the nail.
- Using the Artisan uControl Clear Builder Gel, apply a layer down the natural nail.
Do not touch the cuticle.
- Grabbing more of the clear gel with your brush, carry this layer along the free edge of the nail. Really build that nail at the free edge line.
- Cure for about three minutes.
- Decide, while the nails are curing, which gel you should use. Use either the
Artisan uControl Crystal Pink Builder Gel
or the Artisan uControl Soft Pink Builder Gel,
depending on your client’s natural skin tones.
- After the nails have been cured, using the Artisan Multi-Purpose Gel Nail Cleanser,
remove the sticky residue from the nail.
- Remove the form.
How to do a French Manicure: Step-By-Step
- It’s time to shape the nail. Using an emery board, shape the nail starting at the sidewalls. At this stage, the nail is not as strong since there hasn’t been a lot
of strength or structure created yet so be gentle.
- Blend the cuticle and nail bed and remove shine with the emery board.
- Brush off any particles.
- Doing a reverse French manicure, take a bead of the pink gel and apply to the nail bed. Apply at the cuticle and rest of nail bed area. In a downward
motion, bulldoze the rest of the gel down at the smile line. Cure for 30 seconds.
- Apply another layer of pink gel right at the smile line and then blend back towards the cuticle. Cure again for 30 seconds.
- Now it’s time to apply the white for the tip. Using the Artisan uControl
Ultra White Builder Gel.
Pick up a bead of the white gel and push and smooth up to the smile line and smooth down the rest of the tip. Cure again.
- Repeat step 6 with second coat of white gel. Cure for 3 minutes.
- Wipe the nail with the gel cleanser again.
- File the sidewalls and shape the nail. Blend the cuticle and surface. Do this lightly. Then buff the nails.
- To seal the nail, either apply another layer of the clear gel or apply a layer of the
Artisan Instant Seal Non Cleanse Gel Nail Sealer. Cap the edges. Cure again for 2 minutes.
- Rub cuticle oil into the cuticle and wipe off excess.